Organized by: Advisors - Mitch Bowles - Westside High School, Larin Crossley & Katie Wells - Preston High School
Premium Ribbon Awards:
1st – $3.00, 2nd – $2.00, 3rd – $1.00
Special Awards: (As selected by official Judges)
Best Fitting & Showing for Senior Showmanship (includes FFA or 4-H)
Dairy – 1st – $20, 2nd – $10
Swine – 1st – $20, 2nd – $10
Sheep – 1st – $20, 2nd – $10
Beef – 1st – $20, 2nd – $10
Horse – 1st – $20, 2nd – $10
**All Champion Senior Showman will be expected to show in the Round Robin with their animal they won with.
Best Crop Exhibit – 1st, 2nd & 3rd – Trophy
Farm Mechanics Exhibit – 1st, 2nd & 3rd – Trophy
Premium Ribbon Awards as follows for Ag Mechanics:
Group A & B: 1st – $6.00, 2nd – $5.00, 3rd – $3.00
Group C: 1st – $4.00, 2nd – $3.00, 3rd – $2.00
**All FFA exhibits will be judged on a merit basis.**FFA members may exhibit in open class, but must prepare a separate entry.
**All FFA members are expected to wear Official FFA attire as outlined in the official FFA manual when showing livestock animals.
**FFA members may show in FFA the summer going into their 9th grade school year in the Senior division)
1. Fitting & Showing
3. Ewe Lamb; breeding
4. Yearling Ewe; breeding
5. Ewe, 2 yr. old & older
6. Ram Lamb; breeding
7. Ram, 1 yr. old or over
Class: Crops/Seeds (1 lb. Seed)
**any fruit or vegetable as listed in the Franklin County Fair Book Crop section
3. Potatoes, 10
4. String Beans
7. Corn, 5 ears
8. Cabbage, 2
1. Spring Heifer Calf – Born after 2-28-19, over 4 mo. of age
2. Winter Heifer Calf – Born after 11-30-18 & prior to 3-1-19
3. Fall Heifer Calf – Born after 8-31-17 & prior to 12-1-18
4. Summer Yearling Heifer – Born after 5-31-17 & prior to 9-1-18
5. Spring Yearling Heifer – Born after 2-28-18 & prior to 6-1-18
6. Winter Yearling Heifer – Born after 11-30-17 & prior to 3-1-18
7. Fall Yearling Heifer – Born after 8-31-17 & prior to 12-1-17
8. Junior Champion & Reserve – Rosette Ribbon Award
9. Best 3 Jr. Females – to consist of 3 Jr. females from heifer classes, all to have been bred, & at least 2 to be owned by exhibitor. 1 entry per exhibitor
10. Dry Cows – ALL
11. Jr. Cow, 2 yr old – Born after 2-28-18 & prior to 9-1-17
12. Sr. Cow, 2 yr old – Born after 8-31-16 & prior to 3-1-16
13. Jr. Cow, 3 yr old – Born after 2-28-16 & prior to 9-1-16
14. Sr. Cow, 3 yr old – Born after 8-31-15 & prior to 2-28-16
15. Intermediate Champion – Rosette Ribbon Award
16. Cow, 4 yr old – Born after 8-31-14 & prior to 9-1-14
17. Cow, 5 yr old – Born after 8-31-13 & prior to 9-1-14
18. Aged Cow, – Born prior to 9-1-13
19. Cow, 125,000 lb., (proof required)
20. Senior Champion & Reserve – Rosette Ribbon Award
21. Grand Champion & Reserve – Rosette Ribbon Award
22. Grand Champion Cow, – bred & owned by exhibitor – Hollingsworth Award
23. Best 3 Females Sr. – All bred & at least 2 owned by exhibitor. 1 entry per exhibitor.
24. Dairy Herd Group – to consist of 4 cows that have freshened. All to be owned by exhibitor. 1 entry per exhibitor.
25. Breeders Herd – 5 head – females. All must be owned & at least 3 must be bred by exhibitor. To consist of 2 females over the age of 2; & two under the age of 2 & 1 any age. 1 entry per exhibitor.
26. Produce of Dam – 2 animals, any age, either sex, the produce of 1 cow.
27. Dam & Daughter – 2 animals, a dam & offspring of any age
28. Supreme Champion – Award
Class: Swine – Duro & any other breed
1. Fitting & Showing
3. Sow Pig for Breeding (gilt)
4. Brood Sow, Sow & Litter (4)
1. Fitting & Showing
3. Beef Cow
4. Breeding Heifer
Group A: Repairs
Group B: New Construction
Group C: Small Repairs
2:00 pm, Wednesday, August 14
Awards: 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th places: – Trophy
This contest is being arranged to give FFA students an opportunity to demonstrate their skills in tractor safety and handling. This contest is open to all Franklin County FFA members, 15 years and over.
1. All contestants will be given a tractor safety quiz prior to driving the machines. This score will be added to the demonstration score to determine the totals of the winners.
2. Contestants will be expected to demonstrate the following:
A. Proper driving & backing of a tractor through a marked course.
B. A demonstration of maneuvering (manure spreader).
3. All tractors & equipment will be furnished at the contest.
Angus Assoc. Awards Outstanding Angus Market Project Rope Halter Open to all FFA & 4-H exhibitors.
Awarded to the highest placing Market Steer. Exhibitor must own the animal. Quality and Fitting & Showing are considered. This award cannot be won 2 years in a row.
Idaho Cattle Association Superior Beef Belt Buckle Award Awarded to 4-H and FFA beef projects. The award recipient should be a well – rounded individual that exhibits the best combination of performance, sportsmanship, and citizenship. The winner is not necessarily the individual with the winning beef project. Award recipients must be enrolled in a Beef Project in the year the award is presented.
• The Superior Beef Award Belt Buckle will be awarded to an individual only once.
• The Superior Beef Award should be determined by the standing county awards committee in cooperation with local agricultural education instructors and county extension educators.
Outstanding Angus Beef Project Belt Buckle Open to all FFA Beef exhibitors
To be judged on the basis of 50% animal and 50% record book, fitting and showing, herdsmanship, interest and general improvement over his/her FFA years.
Outstanding Angus Breeding Project Belt Buckle Exhibitor must own animal. Quality and fitting & showing are considered. This award cannot be won 2 years in a row.
Franklin County Fair Pen Awards
1st – $20.00, 2nd – $15.00, 3rd – $10.00
Will be open to FFA or 4-H Clubs in Beef, Dairy, Horse, Sheep or Swine, who keep heir animal pens clean and decorated. Judged on cleanliness & originality in decoration. Fair Buildings are closed during judging!!
** Premiums not picked up by Sept. 30 will be donated back to the county. They will not be mailed to you!!
To save money and not cut premiums, all items entered that have an attached entry tag will receive a sticker ribbon on the entry tag; if you want an actual ribbon ask the office at check – out times.